I know that we are 2 weeks into the new year already, but because I read so much last year I thought it would be fun to join some reading challenges for 2017. I’ve spent the last couple of days searching all different book blogs and picking out some of my favorite challenges that I think I can do well in.
Challenge: Read as many fantasy books as possible in 2017. There is also a FOF book club book picked quarterly
Goal: My personal goal that I’ve set is 20 books, I’m pretty sure I can meet that and even exceed it but I don’t want to get too carried away.
Challenge: Read and review 2017 new releases
Goal: There are different levels to this challenge and I’m thinking I’ll probably be level one since I get most of my books from the library.
- 1-30 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 31-60 books per year – New Release Pro
- 61-100 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 101-200 books per year – New Release Enthusiast
- 200+ books per year – New Release Obsessed
Library Love Challenge
Challenge: Read books borrowed from your library instead of buying them
Goal: I’m hoping to reach at least 36 books read that were from the library, while I get most of my books from the library to save money I have a feeling this year I may be buying more as well to compete in these other challenges.
- Dewey Decimal: read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: read 36 books
- Library Card on Fire: read 50+ books