I figured it was time to update the products that I use in my hair since I last posted this my hair has been fire engine red, pink, purple, eggplant and now brown transitioning to some kind of blonde?! I am happy to say that some of my holy grail products have stood the test of time and I still use religiously while I have added a few key products to processed/damaged hair. My hair has thankfully been very healthy throughout all the colors, but the last time I went to the hair salon we tried to bleach the red out of my hair to no avail and my hair just ended up damaged and much darker than we hoped. I bought some products at the salon that my hair dresser recommended, but I also received a package from Hask a couple days before and I was so happy because it has been a total life saver!
- Hask Macadamia oil Shampoo, Conditioner and Moisturizing Shine Oil: These products have seriously brought life back to my hair after even just one use! I love the shine oil for after I’m done styling my hair and bringing my dead ends back to life. The fact that these products are so reasonably priced makes life even better.
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil: Last year I bought this jar not knowing what exactly I was going to do with it but I knew Pinterest had some great ideas. Well my hair was the driest it’s ever been during the winter so I decided to take the oil and slather it all over my hair. I wrap my pillow in a towel and sleep with my hair in a bun and then wash it out in the morning. I am very generous with the amount I use, but I have very thick hair, people who have thin hair should use it sparingly as I have heard some people say it was hard to wash out. I do this once or twice a week.
- It’s a 10 with Keratin spray: I’ve actually used the original forever and absolutely love this stuff and use it every time before styling my hair. With the extra damage my hair has taken I figured the keratin would be better, plus it smells amazing!
- Not your Mothers Dry Shampoo: I will be the first to admit I am lazy and NEVER want to wash my hair in the morning before work (mainly because it would take forever to dry) This spray helps me get an extra day or 2 out of my hair. When it comes to color treated hair it’s best not to wash it as often so this is a lifesaver for me.
- Goody Quikstyle Paddle Brush: This brush is made with microfiber that absorbs the water in your hair. It cut my drying time down to almost half of what it use to be. The only thing I would have to say about this brush is that I think it stops working after a while and you have to buy a new one.
- Amika Ceramic Straightener: This is not the first straightener I would have picked, but I received it as a gift 8 years ago. This straightener works perfectly and is the longest lasting straightener I have ever had! I was always buying new ones after a year or two, but this one has stood the test of time as well as many travels where it was thrown around quite a bit.
I hope this helped answer some questions, but please let me know if you have any other questions! And please follow me on Instagram to see some of my great (and no so great) hair days! Also let me know what products you use in your hair that you swear by!