Ever since saying that I was coming back I haven’t been able to work on the blog at all! Of course the charger for my laptop would break as soon as I decide to come back & I’ve been working crazy hours at work and haven’t been able to bring it in to get fixed.
The weekend of my birthday we went to Boston for the dessert expo and I was super excited because the website made it seem amazing, plus it touted the world’s largest s’mores bar. In my head I was picturing macarons, cupcakes and all kinds of toppings I could include on my s’mores. Unfortunately it took us longer to drive there then it did to walk around the expo. And the s’mores bar had one bowl of graham crackers and chocolate. We also paid for valet parking so we were really disappointed, we were hoping to turn the day around and go over to lawn on D which was right outside the expo but it was closed for the day for a private event. We weren’t the only people disappointed in the expo and I would advise anyone thinking of going next year to steer clear as it was a total waste of money and time.
Even though we were disappointed in the s’mores bar at the expo I do have a great s’mores fudge recipe to share that is perfect for anyone who can’t sit around a campfire roasting their marshmallows to perfection.
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate chips 1 bag
- White chocolate chips 1 bag
- Sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce can
- Marshmallow Fluff ½ cup
- Vanilla extract ½ teaspoon
- First line your pyrex dish with wax paper and then put down the sheets of graham crackers, this will be your base.
- Melt the chocolate chips in small saucepan, once melted add half the sweetened condensed milk as well as the vanilla.
- Once chocolate is smooth, pour over the graham cracker crust.
- Next melt the white chocolate chips, once melted add the rest of the sweetened condensed milk and the marshmallow fluff.
- Once this is smooth pour over the hardened chocolate layer.
- Let this set in the fridge overnight and then cut into pieces for everyone to enjoy!