I’ve been pinning tons of stuff for Memorial Day/4th of July and when I saw this pin, I knew I could easily recreate it. Not to mention that I could make it for way less than $50. I got all my supplies at Hobby Lobby and honestly the most expensive things was the mesh for $7.99 and I used a 40% off coupon on that.
- 3 wooden stars .99 each
- red, white & blue paint .77 each
- patriotic ribbon $2.99
- patriotic mesh $7.99
- paintbrush $4.99 (I got a big packet of different brushes & used the foam brush to paint the stars, and a small brush for the letters)
- Floral wire (had this on hand)
- Paint stars solid color & let dry
- Paint outer edges and letters onto stars & let dry
- Drill hole in top of all 3 stars, drill hole in bottom of U and S
- Use ribbon to create loop for top of hanger.
- Thread ribbon through stars and knot behind star to have them hang
- Loop mesh 3 times then twist with floral wire to create bow. I used this video to learn.
- Take some extra floral wire and twist the bow onto the loop at top of hanger.
- I also sprayed mine with some acrylic sealer, but I don’t think it’s going to make any difference
I am so in love with how this came out and it’s perfect to keep up all summer long! I’ve already been asked to make some more and I have tons of leftover supplies so all I really need to buy is more stars to make another.