Since I haven’t had time to finish up my current recipe that I want to share with you I figured I would talk a little about our current house hunting adventure and what has been taking up so much of my time!
Last night we went and looked at a house that we had already seen once before with our previous realtor.
The house was never winterized and all of the pipes burst causing water damage in the basement. It is a bank owned and would need a lot of work, but both Mr. H and I love the house and are willing to put in the work. The problem with the house is that the bank is asking way too much for basically a shell of a house. We are approved for a FHA rehab loan which would allow us up to an additional $30,000.00 for repairs, which we believe the house would need.
Since the house needs so much work, we decided to go with a house that was pretty much move-in ready, but a little pricier. (You may have seen my post on instagram about it) Well that house had already received an offer and went under contract so we lost out on it. After finally finding a new realtor and getting a contractor, plumber and electrician all together we went and looked at this house again last night. We spent over an hour in the house last night writing up what would need to be done to the house and were excited to move forward today after hearing what the contractor had to say.
30 minutes ago on a conference call with my husband and our realtor she told us that she just spoke with the bank and they have been negotiating an offer for a couple days now. My heart sunk when I heard that. I can see us raising our family here and hosting all the holiday parties around the fireplace. We will know in about an hour if the house has gone under contract or not. My husband just repeated to me, it’s a business transaction don’t get attached and everything happens for a reason, but I just can’t help but feel a little disappointed that the house I fell in love with might not be ours.
I am holding out hope that it falls through once the buyers realize how much work really needs to be done, or once they have the home inspection and it doesn’t go as well as they hoped. I know it’s a long shot, but I’m praying for it anyways.