Fat Tuesday is next week and to celebrate this weekend we made Plain Chicken’s King Cake Knots. These are so simple and quick that they are perfect for breakfast! I have wanted to make these for a long time but just never got around to it and I am so happy I had the time this weekend. These are a great replacement to cinnamon rolls with just a little bit more crunch.
- Pillsbury refrigerated French Loaf
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Gently unroll french loaf
- Spread butter all over dough
- Mix together sugar & cinnamon then sprinkle over dough, covering all dough
- Cut the dough in half lengthwise and then cut strips crosswise, I made my strips larger since I was only feeding 2 people.
- Twist 2 strips together and gently tie a knot
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Mix together icing ingredients & dip knot into icing
- Pour sprinkles over icing immediately after dipping as the icing does harden quickly
Hope you guys enjoy these for Fat Tuesday! side note: I’ve been really sick since Sunday so please excuse the lack of posts & commenting, I’m hoping to feel better soon.