I’ve had a lot of people ask me about how I get my hair so straight, shiny, etc etc and I’ve also had a lot of people who ask about how I use coconut oil in my hair care routine. Here is everything I swear by and use religiously.
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Oil: Last year I bought this jar not knowing what exactly I was going to do with it but I knew Pinterest had some great ideas. Well my hair was the driest it’s ever been during the winter so I decided to take the oil and slather it all over my hair. I wrap my pillow in a towel and sleep with my hair in a bun and then wash it out in the morning. I am very generous with the amount I use, but I have very thick hair, people who have thin hair should use it sparingly as I have heard some people say it was hard to wash out. I do this once or twice a week.
2. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque: While this is pricey I bought it a year ago at Target as a special 2 pack and I just finished the tub now. I use this whenever I’ve used a lot of hair products in my hair recently and my hair feels dead, brings it right back to life!
3. Ion Moisture Solutions Intense Hydration Miracle Leave-In Conditioner: I spray this in my hair as soon as I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair. This adds moisture and protects from heat, and I use a lot of heat on my hair!
4. Not Your Mothers She’s a Tease Volumizing Hairspray: This is the best hairspray that I have used to finish styling my hair. It doesn’t make my hair stick straight and since I have black hair it doesn’t automatically turn my hair white when it starts to flake. I spray my hair every morning with this to control any fly aways.
5. Goody Quikstyle Paddle Brush: This brush is made with microfiber that absorbs the water in your hair. It cut my drying time down to almost half of what it use to be. The only thing I would have to say about this brush is that I think it stops working after a while and you have to buy a new one.
6. Conair Hair Dryer: I’ll be honest, this isn’t the best hair dryer you could ever get. My husband bought it for me mainly because it’s animal print, but I truly love it. It’s small and it actually has a lot more power then I expected.
7. Amika Ceramic Straightener: Again this is not the first straightener I would have picked, but my husband bought it for me 6 years ago at the mall for way more than he should have. This straightener works perfectly and is the longest lasting straightener I have ever had! I was always buying new ones after a year or two, but this one has stood the test of time as well as many travels where it was thrown around quite a bit.
I hope this helped answer some questions, but please let me know if you have any other questions! And please follow me on Instagram to see some of my great (and no so great) hair days! Also let me know what products you use in your hair that you swear by!