In case you didn’t already know, today is National Popcorn Day aka HEAVEN. I am a huge popcorn lover and basically could live off the stuff! I think my addiction with popcorn started at a young age because my mom had an air popper and it was just so amazing to watch the popcorn be made. I have been talking about buying myself an air popper for ages and then finally for Christmas Mr. H bought me a brand new one. (I was talking about thrifting one weeks before Christmas) Since then I make popcorn at least twice a week. The best thing about air popping your own popcorn is that you can make it as healthy (or not) as you’d like. So today to celebrate the most joyous of days I have TWO recipes for you.
First we have Brown Sugar Popcorn which I may or may not have devoured the entire bowl.
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 large marshmallows
- 1/8 cup light corn syrup
- Pop your kernels and set popcorn aside (make sure to pick out unpopped kernels as I always forget & it’s not fun biting one)
- On low heat melt butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, marshmallows and corn syrup
- Pour melted mixture over popcorn and gently stir until all popcorn is coated
Next we have Parmesan Ranch Popcorn, which is the perfect blend of buttery and cheesy.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pop popcorn and set aside
- Melt butter and pour over popcorn, tossing so that it is all coated
- Spread popcorn on baking sheet and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and Ranch seasoning over popcorn (you can use as much or as little as you like)
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes
- Alternately you don’t have to bake it, you can just keep the popcorn in the bowl and toss the cheese and ranch in the bowl with the butter