Usually for Christmas Eve we have dinner at my house, but this year due to downsizing our house before we move my sister volunteered to have it at her house. This was her first time ever doing it and it was a huge success and a wonderful evening. Mr. H and I went over first thing in the morning to help out as much as possible so I volunteered to make breakfast for everyone. Of course I decided that I wanted to make breakfast for all of us the day before so I didn’t have very much planned. Thankfully I hopped on Pinterest and knew I had a few things that I could try. I made a cinnamon roll casserole that was absolutely delicious. There are definitely a few things I’d like to tweak on the recipe the next time I make it but really you can do whatever you like to this and it will still taste fantastic! Mr. H already said that he wants sliced apples on it next time.
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter or baking spray
- 2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I did not measure this out, I just poured some over the rolls)
- Icing from cinnamon rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces.
- Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Place icing in microwave 15-30 seconds until warm enough to pour over rolls. (REMEMBER TO TAKE METAL TOPS OFF, I almost forgot)
- Pour icing over rolls, serve & enjoy!
I hope you all had a lovely holiday & a happy New Year! Follow me on Pinterest & pick what I make next!