Oh my goodness how has so much time passed since my last post! I apologize for the lack of posts, but for us summer is the craziest time of year which I’m sure is true for others as well. A couple weeks ago it was my sisters birthday and instead of going out and spending ridiculous amounts of money we decided to throw a Casino Royale themed bash at my house which turned out awesome. We all dressed up and we set up the bar & poker table in my dining room, my sister even made candy sushi! My contribution to the party was a blow pop martini because my sister LOVES candy (as if you couldn’t tell from the candy sushi). I found the recipe for the drink through Pinterest of course, Taste for Adventure. I was a little worried that this would taste too sweet for me, but this drink was seriously amazing! Also after a little playing around and tweaking the recipe just a little me and my sister came up with a whole new flavor!
- 2/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed & strained to remove solids
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup bubble-gum flavored vodka (I used Three Olives Bubble)
- 4 tbsp sour apple, sour watermelon or berry blue sour liqueur (we only used sour apple)
- blow pops for garnish
- Fruit punch kool-aid (optional)
- Combine liquid ingredients in large pitcher & stir well
- Pour into martini glasses, serves about 12.
- Garnish with lollipop before serving.
- If the drink is too sour for you, like it was for my sister, follow all steps above but do not fill martini glasses to top. Add fruit punch kool aid to glass. We did not measure how much we added, but I only added a splash & that was enough for me. This will change the flavor to a cherry blow pop.
This drink is dangerously good! And I also just realized that I seem to have an obsession with lemonade concentrate as my main ingredient lately. The next recipe I’ll be posting will also be featuring concentrate which is funny because before this I’ve never used a concentrate before, I blame it on the summer! Also coming up on the blog is a Pinterest Project that me and Mr. H have been working on & are finally finished with.