I will admit with the holiday weekend I have been very lazy in regards to the blog, I apologize! But I do have a new recipe that has been a hit with the taste testers! Mr. H has been eating at least one of these cupcakes every morning. Now I don’t think it’s a great breakfast food, but there’s no arguing with Mr. H. This weeks inspiration came from Annie Eats, which I found of course through Pinterest. I changed her recipe just a little bit & since I was being lazy this week I did not make the caramel frosting that she uses, although some day I may attempt it, I just used the whipped cream topping I used for the Pink Lemonade Pie.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purposeflour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe banana
- Preheat the over to 350° F. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt; whisk together and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed and add in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the mashed banana until well combined.
- With mixer on low alternate between adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing only until just incorporate.
- Bake about 20-22 minutes
- Frost however you like!
I will say that this recipe makes a lot of cupcakes! I still have mix in my fridge from the other day just because I knew that they would go bad before everyone could eat them! Also this is more of a light and fluffy cupcake taste than a banana bread taste.
Follow me on Pinterest & help me decide what I make next In the Kitchen.