This weekend at my job we had an open house and I was in charge of making cupcakes that visitors could have for free. For those of you who don’t know I work at animal hospital & of course I couldn’t just put out plain ol’ cupcakes, baking is in my blood and someday I will open my own bakery! This weeks In the Kitchen is inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest. It didn’t have any source or any instructions so I winged it all, but I have to say it came out pretty darned good!
- any kind of cupcake you’d like. Since I was making so many & didn’t have much time I used a box mix
- chocolate frosting
- smarties (eyes)
- Nutter Butters (ears)
- Nilla Wafers
- Junior Mints (nose)
- Black gel frosting, you could also use an edible marker for this
- Bake cupcakes & let cool
- Frost with chocolate frosting
- Split Nutter Butter cookie in two and use as ears
- Place Smarties & Nilla Wafer as eyes & nose
- Put some frosting on back of Junior Mint and add to top of Nilla Wafer
- Dot eyes with black gel & draw mouth on wafer
These cupcakes are super easy to make & would be great to make with kids! There wasn’t a single cupcake left at the end of the event and kids were coming up to me telling me they were the best cupcakes in the entire world. Also if you receive the Derry Newspaper keep an eye out as the cupcakes and a puppy should be featured!
Follow me on Pinterest & pick the next thing I make In the Kitchen by commenting here!