As part of this little revamp that I have going on here, I decided that once a week I would post a recent recipe that I had tried. As of right now I only have my phone to take pictures with, but hopefully soon I’ll be getting a new camera!
This weeks recipe is taken from Mama Loves Food, a favorite blog of mine that I discovered thanks to pinterest. I took her recipe & altered it slightly since I am not a buffalo fan whatsoever but the husband is. Back on Superbowl Sunday I had tried buffalo chicken dip for the first time ever & really loved it, so I took parts of that recipe & added it here.
- cooked chicken, shredded (instead of cooking the chicken we grilled it)
- Buffalo wing sauce (we used Franks buffalo sauce for this)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cream Cheese ( I used light cream cheese to make this slightly lower in calories)
- Mama Loves Food recommends toasting your tortilla before you start, of course being the impatient person I am I skipped this step. I definitely agree that the tortilla should be toasted first! It gives it that pizza feeling, otherwise trying to eat it by slice will be VERY hard to do.
- Then I put a layer of cream cheese over the whole tortilla. I did this because it will help with the hotness of the buffalo sauce. You can skip this step if you want, but it did make it super creamy!
- Then you are going to spread a layer of the buffalo sauce over the cream cheese. Top with shredded chicken and really lay on the cheese!
- The original recipe says to put back in the toaster until the cheese is completely melted, but I put mine in the oven. Either way works!
I got a little too excited while making this and forgot to take pictures of most of the steps, but I think you all get the idea of how to make this recipe.
Follow me on Pinterest & let me know which recipe you’d like to see me create!