So my work schedule is back to Monday through Friday which means less time to bake, but I may have just found the easiest cookie ever!
I have always loved these cookies, but never tried my hand at making them myself. Who knew that it could be so easy and quick! I seriously now consider these the best cookie swap cookies around!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds (I chopped mine in my Ninja)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dusting cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Cream butter
- Slowly add sugar and continue creaming until fluffy
- Add nuts and vanilla
- Gradually sift in flour & mix well
- Shape into balls
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Let the cookies cool completely before putting in ziploc baggie with 1 cup powdered sugar and coating generously
That is all you have to do! Plus these cookies get better the older they are so I recommend waiting at least a day or two before eating them, hence the perfect cookie swap cookie! I’d love to hear what your favorite holiday cookie is so I can add it my Christmas Eve dessert table!