Oh my gosh you guys, Mr. H picked a good one this week! This weeks In the Kitchen is a Pink Lemonade Pie which I found on Prepared Pantry, through Pinterest of course. The cool thing about this website is that they have all different variations of this recipe so you can really create something that everyone will love. Now I think I would like this better if it had a waffle cone crust instead of graham crackers, but everyone else loved it so I guess I’ll just leave it alone. Is it weird that I usually don’t eat what I bake? I usually have a taste of course, but otherwise I don’t really eat anything I bake. I rely on all my taste tasters, so big thanks to everyone willing to try my creations! Now without further ado..
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pink lemonade concentrate (do not mix this with water!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- red food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix crumbs, sugar and butter in a nine inch spring form pan. Mix until crumbs have absorbed butter & mixture is uniform. (I melted my butter, the original recipe doesn’t call for this, but it worked for me)
- Press crumbs across pan and up sides
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees. You do not need to bake this, but it will help keep the crust together
- Mix cream cheese until softened using mixer
- Pour in the condensed milk slowly as to avoid clumps
- Slowly add lemonade concentrate & lemon juice
- Add red food coloring to achieve preferred color.
- Pour mixture into pan and put into freezer while making topping
- Whip cream until stiff, adding sugar & vanilla in process
- When lemonade mixture is slightly stiff, spoon whipped topping over pie
- Freeze until firm, then enjoy!
This recipe is going to be a great hit with the kids this Memorial Day weekend & it’s even better because you don’t really have to bake anything! Follow me on Pinterest & help me decide what I make next In the Kitchen.